Written — Last Updated
Want to read
- https://kythe.io/docs/kythe-overview.html — Kythe is a set of tools and standards to help software which parses and edits source code to communicate with each other.
- https://www.unison-lang.org/learn/ — Unison is a unique programming language, where so few languages are. Primarily, it stores code in a database as, I believe, an abstract syntax tree. This would allow for a multitude of features not feasable in source-based (normal) languages. For instance, Unison “references code by hash rather than by name”, which appears to allow for automated parallel changes.
- VALUES AND OBJECTS IN PROGRAMMING LANGUAGES
Want to read again
Have read and enjoyed
- https://sharats.me/posts/shell-script-best-practices/ - Part 5 on
set -o nounsetrelates to my idea of exhaustive verification in data parsing. Note that Hacker News had a fairly… opinionated response to this, so take it with a grain of salt.
- Visual design rules you can safely follow every time